SUMMARY: The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing the annual marketing plan to include: Retail promotions, store level sales support, program analysis, multichannel strategies, online promotions, advertising, print media, and interacting with social media partners.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in graphic design and the Adobe suite, is comfortable creating and maintaining a strong online presence for our company, and is a tech-savvy professional interested in communicating through online channels.
This person needs to function well in a fast-paced, perpetually changing environment and have the ability to manage several projects at the same time with limited supervision.
We are a fast moving, lean organization and are looking for a person who can fill this role and has opportunity for growth.
This position will support our creative team and help shape our brand. We’re looking for a talented team player with a positive and fun attitude towards work, but also disciplined and deadline driven.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute marketing plans to most effectively reach and engage end consumers into the First Tactical brand.
- Develop metrics and conduct ongoing tracking and reporting of marketing programs for channel accounts, including ecommerce.
- Manage yearly marketing budget to ensure task fulfillment and staying within budget.
- Analyze and track marketing promotions and programs that drive sales.
- Monitors each selected account against goals. Formulate and review marketing strategies and procedures necessary to meet growth and profitability goals.
- Work with all marketing functions to assure alignment of messages and campaign executions.
- Be primary contact between sales and marketing for varied accounts.
- Work with internal teams to align focus on key products and categories.
- Develop toolset to analyze data to make ongoing recommendations for mail and email programs.
- Create customer profiles, segmentation models and refine lifetime value strategies.
- Develop overall best practice communication strategies and improve upon current programs.
- Work closely with other members of the team to objectively create balance between brand and sales initiatives.
- Develop project creative briefs to kick off projects and ensure goals are met.
- Sales lead and interface with consumer promotions, operations, and graphics in the development of customer specific special packs and displays.
- Responsible for the bottom-up planning process (annual and quarterly) with a revised marketing calendar and related schedules as deliverables.
- Be a leader and problem solver.
- Have experience in setting and implementing budgets.
- Must have great negotiation skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Remains open to other’s ideas and tries new things; Shares expertise with others; Gives and welcomes feedback; Applies feedback to improve performance; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Measures self against standard of excellence; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Reacts well under pressure; Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Treats people with respect and consideration.
- Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Uses time efficiently; Aligns work with strategic goals; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Displays orientation to profitability
- Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Is consistently at work and on time; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of direct experience in marketing, merchandising; direct marketing; preferably in apparel; public safety industry.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations. Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel 10% of the time across the United States.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations. Exceptional organizational skills required. Ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment and diplomacy.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually Moderate.