Now Hiring School Bus Safety/Training Manager
At First Student, our School Bus Safety/Training Managers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The School Bus Safety Manager is responsible for providing operational oversight, providing work guidance, and delivering leadership to full safety supervisory duties for our locations.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Location Safety/Training Manager Responsibilities:
- Administers driver hiring and compliance process
- Provides direction and guidance to location trainers
- Investigates accidents, incidents, and work-related injuries and determines fault/probability
- Prepares and submits accident-related compliance forms, maintains files, and enters in system
- Provides assistance and training to drivers and attendants on passenger management and other safety related issues
- Performs driver road checks of driver performance
- Supervise employees with safety and/or driver hiring or training responsibilities
- Provides various reports and analyzes safety trends
Location Safety/Training Manager Experience and Skills Required:
- 5 years school bus industry experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Consistent attendance and punctuality
- Possess working vehicle for travel in service area
- California Department of Education State Certified School Bus Driver Instructor preferred or the ability to earn this credential
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.