Johnson Service Group is seeking a Senior ACH Specialist for a temp to perm position with an established client in the financial institution located in Folsom, CA.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Responsible for ensure the departments ACH functions are completed within required network timelines and regulation guidelines. Assist staff in the completion of daily work to ensure that the department is in balance daily. Develop training materials to further educate staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop training materials, content and procedures for ACH Specialists and Retail Operations
- Develop and maintain ACH transactional charts and statistics
- Participate in ACH receiving and origination operational discussions
- Review daily work volumes, report staffing needs to Supervisor
- Responsible for the completion of all ACH items, receivables, originations, and stops, to ensure compliance standard is met.
- Report all problems, real and/or perceived, in relation to ACH transactions. Offer recommendations to remedy or prevent similar problems
- Track member experience concerns and recommend improvements.
- Track ACH vendor performance. Document errors and schedule meetings as needed to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Complete daily general ledger reconciliation
- Complete research for complex ACH inquiries
- Ensure daily activities are in compliance with Regulation E and NACHA guidelines.
- Act as a liaison with ACH vendors and external auditors.
- Ensure internal procedures for all ACH activities are documented, maintained, and updated.
- Act as backup to perform all department general ledger balancing, settlement, and reconciliation
- Work on project teams as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 5 years payments industry experience
- 5 years ACH Receiving and Origination experience
- 5 years ACH Operational or Network Certification required.
- 5 years ACH compliance experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
This position requires the completion of an ACH Operational or Network Certification provided by a registered payments association or equivalent for ACH originating and receiving activities. In addition, the employee must continue to complete a minimum of two continuous educational training classes per year provided by a registered payments association or equivalent to remain current with industry standards and certification renewal requirements. Examples of a registered payments association are NACHA, Wespay, UMACHA, etc.
- Knowledge of the following:
- The Customer’s products and services
- ACH receiving and originating principals
- NACHA Operating Rules
- The Green Book regulations
- Regulation E for EFT transactions
- Fedline Advantage application and systems
- Federal Reserve token access and usage
- ACH processing operations and file transmission guidelines
- Regulations pertaining to EFT transactions
- Government Payments
- ACH Exception Item processing
- General Ledger settlement, balancing, and reconciliation
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Word Processing software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of financial products and services, customer operations, data processing, and have demonstrated research skills.
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities within established time frames.
- Advanced Accounting skills
JSG has been establishing its position as a leader in the staffing industry. Since our 1984 inception, we have maintained our position as the most effective cross-industry staffing solution available.
JSG growth throughout the years has extended to offices throughout the nation. We serve multiple industries from our offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Our success is widely driven by our full-service approach.
JSG's clients include Fortune 100 companies as well as Pre-IPO Technology companies. We provide a wide variety of job opportunities to our applicants and employees.